Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Girl in the Green Scarf



“I want you to tell in the truth in a way that Mazy could understand.” – Luke Brandon

Confessions of a Shopaholic is where I snagged this quote. The handsome character named Luke Brandon is the  Editor in Chief of "Successful Saving" and he adds a quirky, sex in the city-esque, talented Rebecca Bloomwood to his staff. Her job is to write about all things financial in a way that makes it accessible to the every day gal, so instead of using industry lingo she writes metaphorically about cashmere and stilettos.

Therein lies the mission of this blog. I want to tell The Truth in a way that The Biggest Loser could understand. John 14:6 says, "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to The Father except through me.

There's something about weight loss that always reminds me about walking with Christ. Weight loss is a parable. Life is a parable. This blog will tell that story. 

Who am I? I left out the about me section on purpose because it doesn't really matter who I am. In the words of Rebecca Bloomwood, "...I just think it would be better to be slightly more of an everyman…more ooh oooh mysterious, rather than just Becky.” She was The Girl in the Green Scarf. 


P.S. 
I can't quite figure out how to take my name off of here sooo...the not so mysterious "Kristy' it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment